Test

  Home About Me Creations Oh Snap!  

Fairness

This month's character trait is FAIRNESS. I'm linking up with Maria. I love this lesson on fairness. Usually kids believe the definition of "fair" is everyone gets the same amount or same treatment. I try to teach my students that "fair" isn't always what it seems. "Fair" means getting what you need. Each child has different needs. It is my job to meet each of their needs. My students know they are to never say "That's not Fair!" At the beginning of the year I used the Band-Aid lesson on fairness and differentiation. I found this darling idea on Saylor's Log. Check out the entire lesson here! This lesson is great to share with your students and it really hits home! All students realize that each child is different and unique.

5 comments:

  1. I used that lesson too at the beginning of the year! Not all my firsties got it but it was such a good idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I'll have to think of a way to adapt this to work with my 6th graders, I feel like we deal with this all the time!

    Laura
    Will Grade For Coffee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good one! Thank you Michele!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a hard concept for firsties, isn't it? I love "band-aid' link. Thanks!

    ❀Barbara❀
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m really like it! Very, very dgdeeac

    good!

    ReplyDelete

LOVE hearing from you!