Test

  Home About Me Creations Oh Snap!  

Monday Made It

I'm sitting here on my last day of break writing thank you cards to my students. I'm also going to be linking up with Tara for Monday Made It. For my thank you cards I didn't just use any old thank you card, instead I ordered my cards from Shutterfly using a 40% off coupon. I'm loving the way they turned out. I couldn't be happier!!!! I ended up paying less than $1.00 for each one by the time I used codes and coupons. I also ordered my sister some notepads from tinyprints. I'm addicted to both sites.







I'm going to be taking more pictures soon so I can make Valentine's Day cards for our parents. 
Here is my plan:




My next Monday Made It was a home edition. I'm on a fitness kick for the new year. I'm hoping my project will help me accomplish my goals I have set for 2014. Did you set any goals?


Have you ever planned in your mind to lose weight, but your body seems to be acting on its own, craving foods you know are not what you really need? This was ME in the past. I’ve never really set fitness goals or visualized what I wanted my body to look like.
I had a friend in high school make a board of his goals and dreams. He had pictures of houses, cars, and his dream job. I never really understood how this could help him achieve his goals, but now I’m starting to think it may help me on my fitness journey.
Well, I am creating an action plan and I’m going to be visualizing myself following through. Did you know the mind doesn't know the difference between what is real and what is imagined? I’m hoping to trick my subconscious with motivational quotes and pictures of myself when I was healthy and happy.

Here is my board:



Here are the quotes if you'd like to print them






12 comments:

  1. I love the thank you card idea! I need to remember that for next year!
    Miss King's Enchanted Kingdom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing the quotes from your visualization board. I will be printing and posting them around the house (and maybe even my classroom) for motivation. Good luck on achieving everything on your board!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant idea and that mirror is gorgeous!!!! Love it and may have to do the same thing:) Thanks for sharing:) I know you will do it:) Hugs!

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your Valentine idea - thank you for sharing it ahead of time so I can "borrow" it! Good luck with all of your goals - your inspiration board looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your thank you card is adorable!!! I bet your students' families will love them! We always show The Polar Express on the last day before break and I write all of my thank you cards during the movie. Happy New Year!

    Kate
    EduKate and Inspire

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE your motivation board and think it is attainable and realistic. I also loved looking through your pictures tonight from all the way back when you were a wee little baby girl. I want you to come take pics of my kids for the Valentine's card. Precious! I'll tell you what I love even more...the idea of cheeseburgers (no, that's not in your post, but I thought I'd share)...I'm hungry. Love ya!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  7. The mirror is such a great idea and cute too, very creative!!!

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the motivational quotes! I'm taking these! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the Valentine's Cards ideas! I'm going to have to do that with my kiddos!

    Rissa
    Keep Calm and Hoot On

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your thank you cards and your idea for valentines! Adorable! Best of luck on your continued journey, your motivational board is inspiring me. It seems as though many of us are always looking to make a change, thanks for the motivation for change.
    Erin
    Short and Sassy Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the thank you notes, adorable.

    Terri

    ReplyDelete

LOVE hearing from you!